We love to bring you new game updates, especially when they contain some cool features that you have requested for a long time; and we really appreciate all the help our great community provides with testing each new update during the open beta stage. Today, we’d like to invite you to help us finalize the features that are coming to American Truck Simulator along with the next update. Please read below, and if you like living on the edge, get ready to join the 1.37 Update Open Beta.
So what’s coming with it, you ask? Let’s start with the major thing on the list – a new sound engine! As you probably read in our first tease of this development (if not then you can find it here), this is the first planned phase of bringing new and better sounds to our games. With the 1.37 update, we are radically redefining the way we mix vehicle and environment sounds. We are switching from having two separate sound sets for the interior and exterior of your truck; to a new system which is based on a unified SFX set with various filters and effects applied on it during the final composition.
The end result sounds fantastic to our ears already, and we are just getting started. We are really looking forward to your reaction! You can also expect new sound for most of the AIs (including trains) and experience true Doppler effect as the first fruits from the integration of the FMOD sound library. Please note that any of these new sounds still might be subject to further changes according to the feedback we need to gather first.
As a benefit from the new sound mixing approach, we are happy to bring you a new feature that we have already quietly teased here. Did you spot it? At long last, you can open your truck windows! Some may consider it a gimmick, but many of you have been calling us to introduce this feature for years. You can now enjoy the continuum of sound levels between a well-insulated cabin with windows closed and the roaring traffic coming from the outside when you roll the windows all the way down. Give it a try especially when you hit the rush hour on the road or at some big junction.
Let’s take a look at the full list of the new features coming with 1.37 Update for American Truck Simulator:
- Food tank trailer (ownable)
- Paintjobs for bulk feed and hopper trailers (including the content of Classic Stripes Paint Jobs Pack and Halloween Paint Jobs Pack DLCs)
- FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
- Openable windows on all trucks
- AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
- Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
- Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
- Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
- Settings hotkey visibility in UI
- Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
- Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
- Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
- AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)
So enjoy all the new additions, but please remember: It’s only an open beta, not a stable public version – so you may encounter bugs, instability, kinks or crashes. It’s completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you’re interested in helping us to move there faster, we’ll appreciate all of your feedback on our forum and your bug reports in this section.
Please check our modding wiki to get details pertaining to mods for the game.
If you wish to participate in the open beta, you can find this version in the public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right-click on American Truck Simulator → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.37 public beta. No password required.